- 1/2 cup almonds
- 3/4 cupwalnuts
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 3/4 cup dates
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 tsp pure organic vanilla
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 2.5 cups cashews (soaked in distilled water for 3 hours, rinsed and drained)
- 1 cup organic canned full fat organic coconut milk
- 3/4 cup melted coconut oil or butter
- Juice and flesh of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup raw honey
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla
- 1 vanilla bean (scrape out the inside)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- berries of your choice (for decorating the top of your cheesecake)
- Blend all nuts with coconut in a food processor until well chopped (not to fine- you do not want apowder, you want some texture).
- Once blended, add the dates slowly and finish by adding the rest of the ingredients for the crust.
- Pour the mixture into an 8 inch spring form pan lined with parchment paper.
- Press the ingredients down until firm and the crust is formed.
- Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to 1 hour which will allow crust to firm.
- Blend all the filling ingredients in blender until smooth.
- The mixture should be completely smooth likea thick cream.
- Take crust out of fridge and pour mixture on top of the crust.
- Place in the fridge for 6-8 hours until set.Remove from spring form pan. Top with fresh berries of your choice. Slice and enjoy.