Pistachio Crusted Mahi Mahi & Steamed Asparagus
- 4 6oz Mahi Mahi fillets
- 1/2 C Pistachios
- 1/2 C gluten free Panko breadcrumbs
- 2 Egg
- 4 T Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Coconut Oil
- 1 lb asparagus, cut in half
- 1 tsp salt
- juice of 2 lemons
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In food processor, or Vitamix, chop pistachios until very fine
- On a plate, mix together the nuts, bread crumbs and seasonings
- In small bowl whisk egg and milk
- On medium to high heat, add coconut oil to large skillet.
- Dip Mahi Mahi in egg mixture, thoroughly
- Coat both sides with the nut mixture
- Add fish to hot oil in skillet and cook each side for about 3-4 minutes.
- Place skillet in the oven and bake for another 10 minutes or until firm through.
- Add the asparagus to a steam basket and steam for several minutes, until you can poke it with a fork.
- Remove and sprinkle with salt and lemon juice.