Gluten-Free Chicken Nuggets
- 2 skinless, boneless organic chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup brown rice flour
- 1/4 cup coconut flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp Bragg's seasoning
- 1 large egg and 1 tsp avocado oil, whisked together
- 1/4 cup avocado oil for pan-frying
- 1/4 cup coconut oil for pan-frying
- Place chicken breast between 2 sheets of waxed paper and pound with a smooth meat mallet until about breasts are 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with each breast.
- Use a sharp knife to cut pounded breasts in 2-inch cubes.
- Set aside two shallow baking dishes or bowls. In the first dish, combine flour and seasonings.
- In second dish, combine egg and avocado oil. Whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Coat each chicken nugget first in flour mixture, then dip in egg/oil mixture, twice.
- Place the nuggets on a large baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes before frying.
- In a large heavy skillet, heat oils over medium high heat.
- Add coated chicken nuggets and cook until golden, about 4 minutes, then turn each piece and cook second side.