Chopped Brussel Sprout Salad
For the Maple-Balsamic Vinaigrette:
- 12oz brussels sprouts, tough outer leaves trimmed
- 1/4 C raisins
- 1/4 C chopped pecans
- 1/4 C crumbled goat cheese
- 1 pear, chopped
- 2 large shallots, thinly sliced
- 3 T avocado oil
- 2 T avocado oil
- 2 T balsamic vinegar
- 1 T maple syrup
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- Using a very sharp knife, thinly shred brussels sprouts and add shredded sprouts to a large bowl with raisins, pecans, goat cheese, and chopped pears. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add half the shallots then fry until light golden brown, 1-2 minutes. Scoop onto a paper towel-lined plate to drain then repeat with remaining shallots. Sprinkle with salt then let cool slightly.
- Add ingredients for Maple Balsamic Vinaigrette together in a jar then shake to combine.
- Pour over salad then toss to coat. Add fried shallots then toss to combine, and then serve.