Baked Pumpkin French Toast
- Loaf of gluten-free bed - I used Rudi’s whole grain
- 6 large organic eggs
- 2 C goat’s milk (or any kind of milk alternative)
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 C pumpkin puree
- 1/3 C coconut sugar
- Cut any kind of bread into 1-inch cubes - I recommend a crusty, whole grain variety, but sandwich bread will work, too. Just use enough slice to ﬁll a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish quite full.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, vanilla, pumpkin butter and pie spice until well combined. Pour over bread and push down with a spoon or your hands until it's all soaked and mostly covered. Cover with saran wrap or lid and refrigerate overnight.
- In the morning, preheat oven to 350 degrees, uncover and top with brown sugar, additional pumpkin pie spice and nuts (optional). Bake for 35-45 minutes or golden brown and no longer wet.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, honey or agave nectar. Store leftovers in the refrigerator covered for up to a couple days.